Saturday 25 September 2021

Children

Children, mine

but not mine.

Born out of another womb

But blessing was mine

For they paved my path to

nourish the mother within

I wept after goodbye

Craftily, so that they don’t see

Just like the clouds that day

With friendship and tenderness in heart

Sad, yet proud of the hope to see

Them, peak as human beings

I’ll miss the yearning I saw in their eyes

The naivety in their presence

And the embraces and tryst with art

Oh! They leave me with such uncertainty

Of when we’ll reunite again

But a mother also waits

So it’s alright.

I wonder then,

Why do I need children of my own?

When I already have

Children, mine

but not mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

O Dearly loved!

I wait, Nervy, eager, in anticipation Like the first birth of a child Heart quivering to clasp him close Nights bereft of sleep Like a new...